Friday, February 17, 2012

Ok, this may seem stupid, but oh well... I want to become a bartender in a couple of months but I don't know if I can or if I fit the profile for the job. I'm only 18 years old. I want to bartend because I really need the money for college, and I think tips will get me further than an hourly wage. I know I can get the Wisconsin Bartending License for $25.00 online. The thing is, I was never Mr. Popular in HS and also I'm not someone with a smiley face on 24/7 (and that doesn't mean that I'm angry or sad) I do however have really good customer service skills and I'm very attentive and would notice if someone hasn't gotten their drinks yet. I also think I can learn a lot of bartending tricks that would help me as well. I'm also really tall and skinny and gangly looking. I don't know if their is a specific profile or if my age will hurt me, or my tall/skinnyness, etc.|||There are really two ways that I know of to get into bartending. The first, already mentioned, is to go to a bartending academy. It's a relatively short course, and generally not too expensive. It's a good thing to do, as you don't want to be looking up how to make a "Surfer on Acid" while there are people waiting on you.

The other way to go is to be a barback for a while. These are the dudes you see running around, filling the ice, and occasionally popping beers for people if it's busy. It's a good way to get experience and see what the whole scene is like before committing to bartending classes. It doesn't pay much, but it's working experience.

In my opinion people don't care about your personality when you're behind the bar. They just want their drinks fast. The most important thing to have a is a good memory. Which of those 10 people with their wallets out was here first? When some drunk chick says "I want another!" will you be able to remember what she was drinking, or do you have to waste time trying to get her to tell you?

Just my $0.02. Good luck, kid. |||Well first of all, you need to take bartending classes.

Though even after that you'll have a hard time finding a job because your 18. Even though bartenders are not allowed to drink, they prefer people of legal age 21. |||Well, watch the movie "Cocktail" with Tom Cruise; just dont get a girl pregnant! LOL IDK if I wanted to b a bartender I would watch that movie for inspiration!|||By being sexy. :-)|||it is hard to get a job as a bartender, most busy restaurants/bars will require you to be a waiter, busser, or bar back first. alot of states won't allow people under 21 to tend bar. 80% of your tip as a bartender is going to be based on your personality, how you handle, speak, and entertain the customers. when you are a bartender you are always on display- constantly in front of your customers. waiting tables is good money ( i average more than 17 an hour) and most places will hire you with little or no experience, this is a good way to get into the food industry and make money for college.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment