Friday, February 17, 2012

I am a 20 year old college student that am (finally) turning 21 this June. I am in DC for the summer and have a 9 to 5 summer internship, but was looking for a second job. I have always wanted to be a bartender, and in DC the legal age requirement is 21. So, I am almost there and would love to bartend like 3 nights a week this summer.

However, I have gotten different feedback about how to best become a bartender. I understand a lot of places require you to go to school and get a bartending license. However, others have told me that you can just appy to a restaurant or bad and they will then train you. How should I proceed with this? look to try to find a bartending course to do? or look for individual bars to contact?

Thanks very much. any feedback would be appreciated|||be careful with bartending schools. find out what their job placement is like before you commit to one. Honestly the best way is to start as a barback only took me 6 months to get a promotion. can be less if bartenders get fired. try to get in good with the managers and always show interest, take extra tasks, be ahead of the game.|||well i would suggest bartender school my friend attended one down here in CT and now she works at a bar in NY and makes real good money! im looking to go to bartender school sometime in the next year as well...hope this helped:]|||if you have no experience try starting out as a bar back, and learn all you can. bar tending schools are a rip off

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment