Friday, February 17, 2012

I was considering getting my bartending license in PA....would it be worht the trouble? What are the pros and cons of a bartending job? How much do you make on average?|||Bar tending is sweet. you make a flat hourly wage plus on average a dollar a drink, and many times more. say you serve out 100 drinks in one night, (on average it will be more than that on a weekend), that's nice. also a lot of places have bar backs. so all you gotta do is flip drinks. no keg lugging no dish washing, sure you gotta clean up the bar but that's ain't bad. one catch though, going to bar tending school does not guarantee you a job. most place make you work up to it.|||dont waste ur time and money for those classes...
get in as a bar back somewhere...learn the drinks AND get paid for it...
i just happened to get into it as a step up from cocktail waitress...
most peiople i have ment who have exceeded in the field started that way..
most places wont hire u with only school experience..they want to see that u have experience in the bar industry...
bar bajs can make anywhere between 30-70 bucks a night PLUS hourly..which here in florida is 4.75 for tipped employees...

as far as money goes for bartending..the bar i work at now (which is dead most of the time and is probably on its way out) i still make about 500 a week (thats including my 80-100 dollar weekly paycheck)
i support me..my 2 kids..my sis and her kid on 4 days at my job..without any gov assistance..so i would say thats a decent living

the bar i was at before was a little busier and i made about 200-250 a night there...could raked em em big..but i stuck to 3 days a week there
so yea...theres money to be made...good luck
get urself these 2 books
bartenders black book..u get that at ur local abc liquor store and bartenders guide by peter bohrmann and get a bar back position|||if you work in a nice place you can make a couple hundred on a week end night in tips, plus your wage.....in a dive you'd be lucky to leave with $20 in tips and the hourly wage is not impressive

I've worked in both environments, and seems most do

for me it wasn't worth it, tip money spends really really easy.....think about all cash in small bills in your pocket......and when I tend bar I tend to drink to much (obviously not when I was behind the bar, but after with other co-workers and on my nights off)|||Depends on where you work and how good you are.

Don't waste your money on classes or bartending school, ever.

I make a flat wage of $7/hr +tips and gratuity, so it averages out to about $30/hr for me, probably about half of that in cash tips. I work at a very classy reception hall, though.|||The biggest issue you will have is that you are always away nights.

Stay home and take care of your kids.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment