Thursday, February 9, 2012

I live in Maryland.. I was looking at getting my TAM certification, which I'm able to do at the community college in my town (Hagerstown Community College). I know that you can be 18 and up to serve in bars, but on the description it said you have to be 21 to participate in class activities.|||21, if you can't participate, then you can get youre license.

My advice? Doing a bartending course is a waste of time and money. Where I'm from, it cost about $600 for a two week course. The problem is even if you have a license, most establishments won't hire you cause you need real experience. While you learn how to mix some drinks and know all the terminology, a restaurant/bar wants to know you can handle the high traffic level while maintaining efficiency.

You're best bet is to get a job as a lounge server and work your way up. Because fact of a matter is, most places hire bartenders within and is considered a promotion. IF you want to be a bartender right away, then you might have some luck starting at a small, family owned place.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment