Friday, February 17, 2012

I am very seriously considering getting my bartending license. I would like REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE of people who have bartened.

What would you suggest? Part time Full time?
Club or Restaurant?
What kinda pay would I be looking at. ex. 1-2 nights 2-300...idk anything from your own experience.

Where would I want to work for the best experience?

Ofcourse its a job but is it atleast kinda fun?

What are the perks? free drinks for me? free drinks for my friends?

Is it annoying or unlike any other job since your customers are Tipsy and feeling good.


ANY AND ALL TIPS PLEASE would help...what to do, where to work, where to get license? where to go to school for it? how often should i work.


I guess I keep thinking of how it is work but also its kinda fun and interesting I'm hoping. And if my friends come can I hook them up on drinks? getting in for free....please ANY AND ALL TIPS...THE MORE HONEST THE BETTER THANKS.

EASY 10PTS FOR MOST HELPFUL ADVICE.|||Wow okay....
Full time if you need the money, part time if you just wanna do it for kicks.
I would recommend a bar or a restaurant over a club. It is personal preference, but in clubs it's very loud and packed and hot. I don't like it. I'd go to a semi-busy bar.
For pay you will make server minimum wage, which in Canada Is $8.90 an hour. Tips will vary. Once you get your own regulars, you will get tipped better. Totally depends on your personality, skill level and the clientel. Anywhere between $50- $200 a night.
I enjoy my job. Some people don't. Depends on if you're having fun and staying positive and if you have good customers and coworkers. I think it's fun.
I highly highly doubt that you or your firneds will get free drinks. Especially your firneds. So don't go in thinking that. Your boss may buy you a drink once in a while but thats about it.
It can be annoying if you have drunk obnoxious or rude customers. But just like any job it has a downside.|||I worked in a club and liked it b/c I'm not the greatest at sitting down and chatting w/ anyone about anything. In 'bars' the bartenders tend to have opportunity to do that more, for example if someone arrives before their party, they have no one else to chat with. You may like that though. I worked in a bar briefly that served appetizers as well, and I felt like I was a server all over again. So I loved the clubs.

People tipped lager in the bar, but at clubs, the more I moved the more I made. Downside? We pooled tips so you are only as strong as your weakest link. Other downside of clubs? People buy rounds so you don't exactly see who becomes too drunk to drive, and it's too hard to cut someone off if you don't see them for a while. At bars, I could offer food and cut them off while keeping an eye on them somewhat. Bar pro: I did feel a better sense of family at the bar, and the regulars did like me b/c I had their drinks memorized. Club con: I was not as 'cute' as some of the other girls, and man I feel like they felt I had to worship them or something, LOL so it gets kind of clique-ish.

Both jobs were great fun & I met a lot of great people.. I'd say for every 10 minutes of fun, it's 10 equal minutes of hard work. BUT if you like it, it really doesn't feel like work. I took pride in keeping a clean bar & when we got A+ on the health dept. inspections, it made people happy to come back.

Best tip I got on my first day: When someone orders a BIG order (like 10 shots) get the money FIRST. Then pour.

Best tip I learned on my own: ALWAYS repeat the amount of money people hand you, even if it appears they are not listening. So if it's $10 total, and they hand you a $10 say: "Out of $10??" and they usually nod yes. This avoids mistakes of "but I handed you a $20! where is my change" kind of B.S. that people WILL pull on you.

I took a mixology seminar to learn the art of drinks and proportions, then applied at a few new bars opening around town. Got a job due to my serving experience (which I hated) and wow it was sloooow till it picked up, but as the bar gained regulars, I was gaining speed. Other bartenders I know worked their way up in the establishment. Have fun & remember to smile :)

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment