Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I am 22, have two kids and am working full-time as a staff assistant making $14/77/hour.. I got my bartending license a while ago and I am thinking about pursuing a job in the industry. Working Mon-fri 8-5 is preventing me from being able to get into school and do a lot of other things. I am just scared the money will not match up to what I am making now. I will have to start out somewhere small like Chilli's or something because I have no experience other than the school I went to... does anyone know how much I can expect to make in CA as a bartender and if it would be worth it to give it a shot? I've been at my current job for 3 years and it's really stable but I haven't gotten a raise at all and I need to be making more money!|||A bartender's license in California ?? There is NO SUCH THING !! You got a certificate at a bartending school is all. California doesn't require anything other than a bartender be over the age of 21... the BAR has to hold a liquor license.

I've done part-time bartending for about 20 years now... normal starting pay at most small bars is Minimum Wage or just abit more... BUT I've been known to pull down $600 a week in tips.

This site shows an annual expected pay of $15-17K per year - http://www.glassdoor.com/Hourly-Pay/Chil鈥?/a>

My suggestion is to find a small local bar... ask for a chance to fill-in for free, and see how you do.

Good Luck !!

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment