Thursday, February 9, 2012

Hey, I'm moving to Austin in a few days and should be there in a week (4/10). Thing is, I'm coming out there from The Bronx, NY without a job and need to start working asap ~ I have a bartending license but I don't know anybody in the city. All of the online postings say "apply in person" and I'm 1600 miles away right now. So, I'm gonna have to hit 'em all by foot when I get settled. How hard is it to snag a bartending gig?|||I read all the answers that were already given to your question. They are all good ideas, also, though, you might try some of the temp agencies. There are several agencies that provide bartenders and waitstaff for catered affairs and banquets, etc. This might snag you a job, but while you are looking for a permanent job, this might also let you make some money quickly that would give you time to look around. There are more bars and clubs than you can imagine. You also might try hotels in the downtown area - Driskoll, Four Seasons (where Matthew McConaghey was "discovered" - as a waiter, I understand -) I know a bar tender/manager at Don's Depot on 5th. She has been there long time and makes a really good living. Austin is a good place to be a bar tender - good money and lots of jobs. Good luck.|||Maybe if you asked this in the correct category...|||Walk down 6th street and apply at every one of em|||I wouldnt think that it would be very hard at all. I was on sixth street not the long ago and there were at least three bars with "now hiring" signs. If I were you I would start on sixth street and the surrounding area. There is a concentration of bars there and it's known to be a party area for the local college kids. You would get one there real easy. Dont worry.|||Austin's a great town - you'll enjoy it there.

There's a BOATLOAD of bars along 6th street, so if you're wanting to hit several places in person rather quickly, that's a good start.

In Austin, you'd best have some pretty solid bartending skills, so be sure you're good at what you do and be prepared to sell yourself as quick, smart and hardworking. If you can do that, you should be fine (and employed) in no time.

Enjoy Austin!|||Fill out an application?|||I would start downtown and you can hit SEVERAL dozen just in the downtown area. I would get something there and then branch out to other areas to see what other options you might have. Start of 6th and the wharehouse district.

Also look into..

http://austin.employmentguide.com/Restau鈥?/a>

https://www.atxbartender.com/

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/J鈥?/a>

http://classifieds.austinchronicle.com/g鈥?/a>

Also check here..there are a few..

http://austin.craigslist.org/rfh/

火车采集器
  • sailboats for sale
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment