Thursday, February 9, 2012

would anyone know if I need to go to bartending school in this scenario, or whether it would be a waste of money:

1) I have a year's work experience at a cocktail bar in west london. I was a cocktail waiter, not a bartender, but that's what made me interested in bartending in the first place. i am also interested in mixology, although i hear half the stuff you learn is useless when it comes to a real crowded bar situation.
2) I hear many bars want 2-3 years of professional work experience in the field, and I only have 1 year, although it was intense...
3) I have international experience? Although, again, I doubt how relevant that is...I suppose some could see it as an asset as you become comfortable dealing with all kinds of customers...

Based on the above info, would you think it is worth taking a course? Is it a requirement to be 'certified' in los angeles/or are there any ways to get around it? I have heard that it makes more sense to be a host or barback before, and try to work your way up to bartender. But this could take ages, couldn't it!|||being "certified" will always give you that extra edge :)

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment