Friday, February 17, 2012

What tips would you be able to provide for my family for moving out of state? We plan to stay in the San Diego area.

We don't plan on moving until our lease is up on November 1st. My husband and I, and our 2 kids, plus my friend and his friend will be finding a large enough house to rent, hopefully under $2000/mo. (I have found some places listed on craigslist that are nice, but it's too soon to start looking)

I know the basics of moving, but out of state seems like more work. One of my children will be starting 1st grade in September, so she will have to transfer schools 1-2 months after starting. Not what I wanted, but we would lose out on money if we moved before our lease was up.

I have been in the hospitality field for almost 4 years, however, I plan to get a bartending license before moving, because I thought it would be fun to try and it would be a great way to meet new people. My husband currently works for Boeing, making great money. He is unable to transfer, so he will need to find new employment. Our friends work in the dental and labor field, so hopefully it won't be hard for us to find jobs.

What suggestions do you have for us to plan our move efficiently? Should I send my husband over ahead of time to view houses/jobs? How much should we save? Anything else?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!|||Your husband has a great job and you are moving to another state (with a horrible economy and onethat has NO jobs) without another great job lined up? Why? That seems rather crazy and frankly, stupid. Seems very random for you to move and uproot your kid in the beginning of their school year.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment