Tuesday, February 14, 2012

So, I'm 20 (about to be 21 in late April) and from Los Angeles, California, and I want to go for my bartending license. Am I old enough to obtain a simple license? How about for the legal age of serving alcohol? I'm a full-time student and need some extra cash on the side to pay for school since my other job is great, but doesn't give me enough pay or hours. So, I'm hoping I can get my license and serve!|||You have to be 18 to become a certified bartender or serve alcohol as a server. However, you have to be 21 in the state of California to be behind a bar.

Honestly, on the job training is just as good as attending bartending school and less expensive. They teach you a lot of specific details about types of glasses, how to prepare martinis, and make really odd drinks that were common in the 40's and 50's. However, once you get into a bartending gig, you find that those things aren't relevant a lot of times, and you learn more from your fellow bartenders.

It's best to learn on a mid-week day shift at a slower pace and work your way up to working nights for better tips.

However, if you still want to attend the school, the link below answers a lot of questions. Good luck and have fun. It's a fun job.|||i dont know the laws in CA, but if u can sell beer at a store at the age of 18, u can be a bartender....but the thing is... a bar wouldnt want to hire an under-aged bartender.... savy?|||In RI you can get your certified license to serve liquor at 18, but cannot tend bar until you are 21. Get your license now. You can still work to help pay for school. This is what my daughter is doing. CarolSandyToes1|||When I lived in California I could sell unopened containers of alcohol under the age of 21. To "pour" you need to be 21 yrs. I agree with the post that experience will aid you more than a bar-tending school.

Bartending is 70% social, 20% talent and about 10% B.S-from my perspective. Depending on where you want to work you don't need to know every drink in the book. Golf courses are good places to start out just to get used to the pace, bottle, etc. Then you can move up to bartending banquets if you want to experience the "rush" of guests.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment