Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I just got my bartending license and want to work in an establishment where the clientele is mature and rich, or maybe in a resort/hotel bar. What are the popular drinks there? Any advise w/ how to deal w/ certain situations? Thanks|||When I think of rich I think vintage port, cognac, scotch, Moet etc. You will probably need to know a bit about gradings of certain products and their history as well as their proper pronunciation and terminology etc. As for how to deal you will need to speak very precisely, act proper and be well presented and most of all get used of criticism and ridicule these comes with any serve based job.|||Gin and Vodka Martinis, not the current trend of colorful, fruity ones, yes real ones have Dry Vermouth, pour over the ice and drain. Old Fashioneds, Manhattens, up and Sweet. Gin and Tonics, do you know the term Presbiterian? Have real tonics, bitters, and lay off the extreme garnishes. I do not want a Manhatten up with 6 cherries stuck on a straw with a plastic stripper girl hanging off the rim.Speak properly, I hate when a bartender says, "Hey, Guys" when my wife is sitting with me, and hello, welcome to...is nice.A small unrequested glass of ice water is nice with "Up" drinks and wines.|||In England Real Ale is the choice of aficionados.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment