Friday, February 17, 2012

A.) I am currently a bartender in a state that doesn't require me to have a bartenders license. If I stay in this state, would it be worth my while to get a license anyway?

B.) If I do decide to move does anyone know what the best credentials are for a good bartending school? Like do they need to be certified by some certain governing body?

C.) If I do decide to get my bartending license, do you think it would be better to go to an actual physical school, with a physical location and teachers, or to take the online route, and pay a whole lot less money and still get the license (remember I already have on the job training)?

Thanks and happy drinking!|||Bartending schools are a waste of time and money. There is no state that requires any kind of schooling for bartenders. You may need to get certified by the state liquor board in order to serve alcohol, but that is only to help you identify people who have consumed too much - it has nothing to do with learning how to make drinks. The best experience and training for bartenders is on-the-job experience. Don't waste your money. I guarantee the diploma from a bartending academy will not help you in the least when it comes to finding a job.|||I did go to bartending school and I have been a bartender for over 7 years and NOT ONCE has anyone ever asked me if I had a certification! And I do have one! I dont think its a must have anywhere! Maybe in some of the very fancy places it might give u the edge on getting the job. BUT I see the schooling as a total waste of time and money. 60% of it is how to deal with customers. And either u can do that or u cant! U either have it or u dont! It cant be TAUGHT! Good luck to u|||I am a former bartender and a lawyer. As far as I know, no state requires proof of any educational degree, such as a "mixology degree" or the like, in order to tend bar. I believe some states have requirements that a bartender attend periodic seminars on responsible serving, how to prevent your customers from driving drunk, etc. Depending on where you work, your employer may even host such seminars for insurance or regulatory reasons.

I did attend bartending school in college, but I did so because I wanted to get a good bartending job out of the gate and I had no prior experience. I was glad I took the class because by the time I started work, I could do a perfect 3-count free pour and knew over 300 drink recipes. If you are already a competent bartender from work, there is no need at all to pay for bartending school.|||I've bartended for a pretty long period of time...and never went to a bartending school. Most of the bartending school bartenders that i've known know a lot of recipes...but they don't know how to bartend. THey are typically far too slow..and too wrapped up in getting things perfect...rather than making drinks. I don't know about bartender licenses.....you don;t need one in any state i've worked in (Fl., Pa., NJ).....and I think you might be confusing a bartending license with a school bartending certificate. I think bartending school is a waste of time and money. Don't bother. If you do need a license...get it the cheapest and fastest way that you can. If you;ve already bartended...why do you need to go to school for it? Bartending is easy...it;s just a matter of getting to know your bar...taking care of your customers.....and getting your service bar out reasonably quickly. I don't know of any bartending school certifications either.|||in RI, a bartender needs to be TIPS certified (training to be able to tell how intoxicated someone is) but no licensing. I actually don't know of a state that requires a bartenders license. If you're already working as a bartender, i wouldn't waste my money on bartender school. You already know how to make old fashioneds and that's all they really teach

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment